To get more information, participate in the Access2Markets Seminar hosted by the European Commission on 10 February 2022, 09:00-11:00 CET
Click here to register
Do not hesitate to share this information with potentially interested organisations.
About the Access2Markets Seminar
- Date: 10 February 2022, 09:00-11:00 CET (tbc)
- Language: English with interpretation in FR-DE-EN-ES-PL-RO (tbc), via Interactio
- Host/organiser: European Commission, Directorate-General Trade
- Short description: Presentation of Access2Markets, its different import and export sections, information on trade barriers and the Single Entry Point, Statistics, ROSA the Rules of Origin self-assessment tool, Access2Procurement, followed by a Q&A session
- Target audience: Companies, business organisations, trade promotion professionals, and others interested in discovering how to use Access2Markets
Small businesses represent 88% of all EU exporters. Their exports account for one third of all EU exports and support 13 million jobs. Global markets are an important source of growth for European small and medium-sized companies. Paying particular attention to small businesses in the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic is therefore essential.
For this reason, the European Commission has launched the Access2Markets online portal in October 2020 to help small and medium-sized companies trade beyond the EU’s borders. The new portal responds to a demand from stakeholders to better explain trade agreements and help companies ensure their products are eligible for duty discounts. It will serve both companies that already trade internationally and those starting to explore opportunities in foreign markets.
The European Union has a large network of trade agreements, with over 70 countries and regions, and is currently negotiating a raft of new deals. Access2Markets breaks down complex sets of rules to practical information, tailor-made for SMEs. Concretely, Access2Markets delivers information on the trading conditions to import goods to the EU and to export goods to over 120 foreign markets.
The portal allows companies to look up the following details for imported and exported goods, in just a few clicks:
- Rules of origin
- Product requirements
- Customs procedures
- Trade barriers
- Trade flow statistics
Apart from this Market Access Database, the web portal offers multiple additional tools in a single platform:
- The rules of origin self-assessment tool ROSA, provides special assistance on the rules that define the ‘economic nationality’ of a product - known as ‘rules of origin’.
- The Single Entry Point (SEP), the first point of contact within the European Commission’s trade department for all EU stakeholders who are facing market access issues in third countries or have compliance issues with sustainability commitments.
- Access2Procurement helps you find out if you are entitled to participate in a given government procurement tender outside the EU.
- The portal’s My Trade Assistant tool enables businesses to look up information on duties, taxes, product rules and requirements on a product-by-product basis for each market.
The new Access2Markets portal also integrates explanations, tutorials and FAQs to help new as well as experienced traders analyse the benefits of trade with each of the EU’s trading partners.
Watch introduction video