A high-profile Portuguese delegation, led by Vítor PoGas, president of the AIMMP, is attending BDNY23 to connect with hospitality brands and designers to debut AIMMP's variety of Portuguese products of proven quality and distinguished designs.
Portuguese designs blend tradition and innovation, reflecting the country's rich cultural heritage and contemporary essence. With a history steeped in craftsmanship and a commitment to quality, the delegation will show that it is possible to provide integrated solutions to fully satisfy the ever-changing technical demands and creativity of architects and designers.
"The investment in the United States market, which began in 2022 with participation in ICFF [International Contemporary Furniture Fair] and now reinforced with presence in BDNY, represents an important step in affirming Portugal's internationalization strategy and confirming the competitive strength of the Furniture Industry in Portugal, in terms of quality, design and sustainability," said PoGas. "Today, Portugal is well positioned to become one of the major global suppliers of these products."
The participation of AIMMP at BDNY23 intends to expose the North American markets to provide long withstanding, exceptional design options for those in the luxury hospitality, real estate, and interior design space. AIMMP's brands take century-old techniques, renowned for quality, craftsmanship, and distinctive styles that often reflect the country's rich cultural heritage while heightening the aesthetic appeal of any room that a signature furniture piece adorns.
"Our pioneering work with the best names in Portuguese design is based on the combination of a timeless and modern aesthetic with the ultimate goal of creating products that become more beautiful over time, intending to be passed down from generation to generation," said PoGas.
Portuguese brands at BDNY include:
- Cobermaster Concept — dedicated to the development and manufacture of premium furniture with vintage and industrial inspiration with international projection.
- FAGOTEL Interior Contract — more than 20 years experience in supply and management of interior equipment projects in hotels, restaurants, commerce, services and residential.
- Formefeitos — founded in 2003 with a strong position in furnishing and decor trends.
- Maju — pairs knowledge of the past with furniture design for the future and a passion for detail.
- MBN Industry — market leader from central Portugal dedicated to quality, improvement of manufacturing processes and modern design.
- Mindol — leading mattress manufacturer from Vale de Cambra, Portugal; family-owned for over 50 years.
- Myface — premium outdoor furniture and design company.
- Mythica Collection — urban and contemporary inspired, luxury furniture.
- OPR Luxury House — over 40 years in the furniture industry, most recently with a focus on designing and crafting exclusive luxury furniture and upholstery.
- Salma — manufacturer of luxurious bespoke furniture including upholstery, cabinetry and metalwork.
- SENTTA — legacy design brand with more than 30 years of experience creating sumptuous and distinctive pieces, including contemporary, modern, minimalist, or industrial design styles.
- Toronobre - ComIrcio de Madeiras, Lda. — located in the Braga district of Barcelos, in the parish of Pousa, this company has been trading in wood since November 2001, featuring exotic woods.
- Tradingtimber — wood exporter.
- X8 Solutions Group — premium and custom pieces.
AIMMP is attending the two-day BDNY event on November 12-13 at the Javits Center in New York City at booths #775, #779 – Meeting Point, #875, #876, #878, #974, #976, #978, #1260. Learn more about BDNY.