The award will focus on one work published from 1 January 2010 onward that can be identified as representing a breakthrough. The award is presented for the first time in 2019 and proposals must be submitted by 30 June 2019.
The following persons and institutions are invited to make submissions:
- Members of the jury;
- Members of the Scientific Board of the BIAL Foundation;
- Previous BIAL award winners;
- Scientific Societies;
- Boards or Deans of Medical Faculties;
- Heads of leading research institutes in the biomedical field;
- Boards or Heads of prestigious Academies;
- In addition, highly qualified researchers may nominate candidate works, but self-nominations are not accepted.
More information here.
Proposal form available here.